Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wissahickon Style X: The Dogs of Pastorius Park

Post 58

Still not breathing well, which I will take as an excuse to cheer myself up, and I hope others as well, with a slightly off topic post. Yes--dogs again.


If I felt better, I have no doubt I could (seemingly,) connect dogs, style, gardening and dogparks in a twinkling of a sentence or two. (Yes, I won the Golden Shovel Award at college.)


But do cute dog pics really need an excuse, bald and slimy as an old tennis ball or not?


A crowded dogpark of creatures would vote no!


So, what good would any place be, Wissahickon or not, without a proper place for a frolic?


And if a garden is a place for flowers to frolic then a dogpark, a place for dogs and their humans to frolic, is analogous (told you I could do it, just needed to  warm up.)

I

I've waxed elsewhere about the Woodward family and their many gifts to this area. One of my favorite of these gifts is Pastorius Park, a small, English landscape-style park, where nature, in general, romps in great style.


So, now that I've pretended to justify myself--unleash more cuteness!


Is joy not a style?



And if it is, then Joy to the World  (and the Wissahickon Watershed.)




 P.S.--Thanks to all the people who have seen me in the park  aiming my camera around and have allowed me to celebrate their animals and them. If anyone objects to a pic, just let me know and I'll take it down.


No comments: