Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas

Post 21 (Please click on links for music.)

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ...

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.

                                           IN THE BLEAK MIDWINTER

 

 Lo, how a Rose e'er blooming
  from tender stem hath sprung!
Of Jesse's lineage coming,
  as those of old have sung.
It came, a floweret bright,
  amid the cold of winter,
When half spent was the night...


This Flower, whose fragrance tender
with sweetness fills the air,
dispels with glorious splendor
the darkness everywhere;
true man, yet very God,
from sin and death he saves us,
and lightens every load.


Lo. How a Rose e'er blooming




O Holy Night



Hallelujah



Waltz of the Flowers


*
Merry Christmas, Happy Yule,
May the rule of love bejewel
12 starlit nights, as newborn sun 
Cries good news to everyone.

Watch the constellations dance,
Their patterns turned in winged spheres
That angels and the blessed hear,
While we move within our years.

And so, within these very years:
Can you hear what music falls,
As the stars bow down with song
 To the pattern of their call?


William Blake

No comments: